Monday, February 4, 2013

potayto... potaato

So I decided to try home made gnocchi the other night... it's a recipe that I found in my new Jamie Oliver book. The recipe was entitled 'lightest potato gnocchi'. Two and half hours later... we were chewing on something resembling dumplings in a tasty wild mushroom and sage sauce. Needless to say, things didn't turn out quite as I (we) expected. The sauce was delicious, but the gnocchi were rather heavy and dense.

I followed the recipe pretty much to a tee, except for the part where he mentions putting your potatoe into a 'ricer' to make mash. I don't have one, but used my blender instead, which just might have something to do with it..

Either way, it took quite some time and I'm not sure I'm willing to try it all again to find out!



On a more successful note - my BF tried his hand at home made custard* - 8 egg yolks, double cream and a lot of wrist action later... and we were both on the couch, a warm bowl of golden deliciousness in our hands, our eyes blissfully glazed over (*recipe also by good old JO). 



1 comment: